How to Treat Skin Fungus
The presence of skin fungus can be easily noticed. There are changes on the skin which include discoloration, patches, and presence of flakes. Some problems caused by skin fungus are tinea versicolor, athlete’s foot, ring worm, and others.
The question now is, “How to cure skin fungus”? If you don’t want to consult your dermatologist, you can still get rid of them through the following methods.
• For tinea versicolor, use salicylic acid. Pour some amount on a cotton swab and rub it on the affected areas. Do it regularly. You’ll see that it will diminish over time.
• A good herbal medicine is Acapulco leaf. Crush it until you squeeze its juice. Then rub it on the affected area.
• Selsun Blue or any other anti-dandruff shampoo can also be used. Apply a small amount on the area and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it off with water. Do this daily.
• For ringworm, take over-the-counter treatment like Tinactin, Lotrimin, and Nizoral. These products usually come in cream.
• For athlete’s foot, soak your feet in a solution of 1 part vinegar and 4 parts warm water. Do this twice a day.
• Baking soda paste also helps in eliminating the problem. Apply baking soda paste on your feet and let it dry then wash it off with water.
• Applying cornstarch on your feet before putting on socks can be of great help, too. It will keep your feet dry.
• For eczema, dandelion, pau d’arco, and red clover are useful. They can be used as tea or can be taken in capsule form.
Get your skin fungus treated before it’s too late.