Discover the Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The health benefits of consuming extra virgin olive oil are many. It is rich in vitamin E as well as many other nutrients. It has been around for thousands of years and right throughout those times, it’s been praised for its healing and health properties.
The Cretes were exporting olive oil as far back as 2575 B.C. Also Greek mythology as well as the Bible refers to it. Olive oil is around 75% monounsaturated fat; that’s the good kind of fat which is beneficial to the body.
The following list is to show you some of the health benefits:
* Rich source of monounsaturated fats, which may reduce risks of heart and cardiovascular disease
* It contains a wide variety of valuable antioxidants, helping to keep free radicals in check, which are not found in many other oils
* They may help lower bad cholesterol and maintain the beneficial HDL cholesterol
* Lowering effect on blood pressure
* Beneficial during pregnancy and whilst breast feeding
* Helps to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes – it also appears to lower blood-sugar, or glucose levels in diabetics
* Olive oil-rich diets may lead to greater and long lasting weight loss than a low-fat diet
* Beneficial for the stomach, pancreas and intestines
* Helps with anti-aging, osteoporosis, arthritis and skin damage
* May help bolster the immune system
* Contains a protective element which may assist against certain malignant tumours in the breast, prostate, endometrium and digestive tract
* It’s also been show to help in the natural treatment of eczema and psoriasis
Studies have shown, that adding extra virgin olive oil to your daily diet may reduce your risk of breast, colorectal, prostate and esophageal cancers. Ever wonder why the Mediterranean women have such good skin… they’ve been using extra virgin olive oil as a moisturiser for centuries. I have even witnessed this myself when on a holiday in Malta, my aunties were rubbing extra virgin olive oil over their bodies as a moisturiser and also for sun protection.
Try it yourself as it works a treat! Use a little to start and add more if you need it – instead of using those alcohol based moisturisers that are filled with all sorts of chemicals. What’s more, those chemicals deliberately dry out your skin so you have to use more product, and then buy more.
So as you can see not only does it taste great but it is healthy for you as well.
Copyright © Global Health Renegade. All rights reserved.